The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame is gearing up for one of its biggest year’s yet, including the most prolific summer event series in the museum’s history.
The Rock Hall will host more than 50 live concerts, shows and events throughout the summer, headlined by a Drive-By Truckers show on July 22. Tickets for that event go on sale June 1 on the Rock Hall’s ticketing website.
The Summer in the City concert series will also return this year with free shows featuring local acts from July through August:
(Free | 6 p.m. until 9 p.m. | Outdoor Main Stage)
- July 12 – Mourning (a) BLKSTAR: Jimmy’s Songs
- July 19 – Part Time Lover with MIST
- July 26 – Hamilton Handshake with Skulx
- August 2 – Shooter Sharp & The Shootouts with Cody J. Martin
- August 9 – Seeress with Axioma
- August 16 – Hiram Maxim with Glass Traps
- August 23 – Funkyardx with JPENNELOPE
- August 30 – Jack Fords with The Commonwealth
At the center of it all is the Rock Hall’s redesigned outdoor plaza featuring motorcycle parking, a beer garden, food and wine trucks and live music. All aspects of the plaza will be complete by May 26 and the Memorial Day Weekend that follows.
A preview of the new Connor Theater. (Rock Hall)
Other events set for the summer include a Rock Hall Half Marathon on Aug. 20, Yestival programming, Prince day on June 7 and a U2 tailgate party on July 1 before the band’s FirstEnergy Stadium conert.
The Rock Hall will also host the Alternative Press Fan Fest on July 16, the day before the annual Alternative Press Music Awards at The Q. The museum plans to announce even more events in the weeks that come including trivia contests, live demonstrations, speakers, film screenings and more:
- June 3: Hungry for Music – music instrument drive that benefits local kids
- June 7: Prince Day – celebrating the artist’s legacy with DJs, air guitar contest, and more
- July 1: U2 Tailgate – pre-show happy hour to get fans ready for the concert at First Energy Stadium
- July 16: Alternative Press Fan Fest – an outlet for fans of the best alternative bands around
- Aug. 5: Partner of the Latino Arts & Culture Celebration & Puerto Rican Parade – stop by for some Latin music before heading to Voinovich Park for the festivities
- Aug. 19: Uganda Kids’ Choir – learn about the oldest roots of rock and roll with a celebration of African music
In addition to the lineup of events, the Rock Hall will also open its Power of Rock Signature Experience in the Connor Theater on July 1 and a new indoor cafe featuring times from Michael Symon, Rocco Whalen, Jonathan Sawyer and Fabio Salerno.